Leamington and Warwick Academy of Dance (“LWAD”) & Pointe the Way (“PTW”) Privacy and Data Protection Policy
LWAD and PTW are sister dance schools operated and managed by LWAD
The privacy of your personal information is very important to LWAD and PTW. We will not sell, rent or trade your personal information to any third party. We will take special care to protect the privacy and security of your information. This policy explains our information practices and the way that LWAD and PTW use your information.
The eight principles laid down in the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 are that personal data shall :
- Be processed fairly and lawfully and shall not be processed unless certain conditions are met.
- Be obtained for a specified and lawful purpose and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose.
- Be adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes.
- Be accurate and where necessary, kept up to date.
- Not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose.
- Be processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights.
- Be kept secure from unauthorised or unlawful processing and protected against accidental loss, destruction or damage using the appropriate technical and organisational measures.
- Not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area, unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data
HOW DO LWAD and PTW COLLECT DATA?
When you register for classes at LWAD and PTW, we collect contact information such as guardian names, addresses, phone numbers, emergency contacts, e-mail address and student information such as student names, birthdays, medical conditions, and your comments. Some of the information is required and on our latest application form (copy by request) is noted with a red asterisk on the forms. As part of our compliance with the new General Data Protection Regulations you may (at your discretion) replace the information we hold on you by completing this form and we will update the information we hold accordingly. Optional information is requested to help us better understand our students and is used only as needed for academy business.
HOW DO LWAD and PTW USE THIS DATA?
This information is needed to manage the academy and will not be used or sold for any other purpose, except as described below.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO MY INFORMATION?
Only the LWAD and PTW administration and management team have access to your personal information to manage the academy business. LWAD and PTW teachers will have limited information required to record attendance, contact parents/guardians and be made aware of any medical issues that the student may have.
Information may be shared between LWAD and PTW.
LWAD and PTW will access your personal information and/or share it with third parties only for the following purposes: (i) as needed for academy business; (ii) if required to do so by law or to comply with legal process; or (iii) to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of the public. Some specific examples are listed below :
- Financial information is held in Quickbooks, and class/student timetabling is carried out in DanceBiz and Excel. Quickbooks and Dancebiz are databases which are cloud based with high levels of encryption and password protection.
- Personal information may be provided to support examinations to examining bodies such as (but not limited) to The Royal Academy of Dance, International Dance Teachers Association and AQA (for GCSE Dance).
- Names of students may also be included in show programmes unless you expressly state in writing that the student’s name should not be included.
- We will also regularly communicate news and information about the schools to you using email and MailChimp.
- Where written permission is given we may use photographic images of students on social media, advertising and show programmes (as examples).
LWAD and PTW have a legitimate interest that you are kept informed and in touch with the activities and events of both dance schools. This is to enable you to fully participate in the activities of the dance schools. LWAD and PTW understand their responsibilities to protect each individual’s interests and will only use the data in ways which you would reasonably expect. LWAD and PTW will not use your date in ways which you would find intrusive or cause harm.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our web sites may link to other websites and services from time to time (such as the Royal Academy of Dance). LWAD and PTW will always attempt to associate with only the most trustworthy partners who share our high standards regarding privacy. Nevertheless, we are not responsible for the content of and privacy practices of any other companies or websites.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
If you have any questions about our Privacy and Data Protection Policy or if you wish to update or remove any of your personal information, please contact the Administrator in writing atLWAD, 54 High Street, Leamington Spa, CV31 1LW.
Policy Updated : 22ndApril, 2018
Review Date : 22ndApril 2019